Saturday, September 5, 2009

I Wish I Could Grow Wings

I wish I could grow wings
And fly up to where the heaven sings.
Forever bounded by nature’s laws,
But never by that of humanity.
I want to fly up high and see
The blue jewel as it should be,
But I am already fully aware
That the world is wrecked beyond repair.

My freedom will only earn me more pain,
As high up in the sky, I see the world wane.
Humans are undeniably selfish,
Forever thinking about their own death wish.
Only now do they comprehend
The suffering they had caused to the land.
They say: seeing is believing,
But I do not want to believe what I am seeing.

What good is it being up high alone,
When the world below me turns to bone?
Happiness—I know I will have none,
If all I can do is stare at the sun.
So when the wings on my back swishes,
I would like to make a couple of wishes:
I not only wish my wings will lift me high above the sea,
I also wish my wings will lift humanity’s eternal misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment